Re: x/app-defaults, how to handle them correctly?

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 06:36:22PM +0100, Olaf Stetzer wrote:

[snip]

> Hmm, does xrdb or the Xserver parse through app-defaults automagically?
> The program itself (not the wrapper) seems not to parse any resource
> files.

I think it's the Xserver.  X-windows handling of resource files seems badly
messed up IMHO.  I'm not an X programmer, but reading the manuals implies
that you need to jump through about four hoops to get the resources read in.
One hoop should be enough :-)

The best way is to try it - install the program and run it.  Then edit the
resources file and re-run it.

Adrian

email: adrian.bridgett@zetnet.co.uk, http://www.poboxes.com/adrian.bridgett
Windows NT - Unix in beta-testing.   PGP key available on public key servers
Avoid tiresome goat sacrifices  -=-  use Debian Linux http://www.debian.org