netstd spinoffs (was Re: XFree86 ...)

On Jan 15, Ben Gertzfield wrote:
> After some discussion, we have come up with a much better solution.
>
> Simply use the 'xbase' package name as the dummy package, renaming
> what is currently 'xbase' in slink to xfree86-base.
>
> Then, the xbase package will be an Optional package that will not have
> anything but a copyright in it which will Depend on all the packages
> xbase has been split up into.

On a related note, could we have something similar for netstd, so
people don't go nuts looking for nfs-server, telnet and talk?
(netstd's description is also misleading, at least through
3.07-7slink.1, the current version on m68k's slink).  This will at
least catch people who use apt or straight dpkg (instead of dselect,
which will select at least some of these packages since they are
standard).

Chris
|         Chris Lawrence         |               My home page:              |
|    <quango@watervalley.net>    |    http://www.clark.net/pub/lawrencc/    |
|      Amiga A4000/060 with      |       Visit the Amiga Web Directory      |
|       Linux/m68k 2.1.127       |      http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html     |