Re: New DFSG Draft revision #3

Ben Collins writes:
> It doesn't say "you can", and under the draft it says that the
> permissions must be granted explicitly. Since the Artistic License merely
> gives the community the responsibility to uphold the fees charged on
> software under the license, it doesn't say "yes, you can charge a fee"
> and therefore wouldn't be DFSG free.

It seems to me that the Artistic says (about as clearly as it says
anything, which isn't very) that the author promises not to sue you for
charging a fee.  I read that as "Yes, you can charge a fee".

If you demand that all permissions be granted explicitly and clearly you
are going to break a lot of licenses.