Re: New DFSG Draft revision #3

Le Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 11:40:36AM -0800, Darren Benham écrivait:
>      Anyone must be able to give away or sell copies of the executables and
>      sources without paying a fee or royalty. However, nobody can be

I think this make the Artistic license non-DFSG-free :

5. You may charge a reasonable copying fee for any distribution of this
Package.  You may charge any fee you choose for support of this
Package.  You may not charge a fee for this Package itself.  However,
you may distribute this Package in aggregate with other (possibly
commercial) programs as part of a larger (possibly commercial) software
distribution provided that you do not advertise this Package as a
product of your own.

By the way, while rewriting the DFSG what about license that are not written
in english ? In french for example. I talk about that because one
of my package (sympa) is waiting in Incoming because the license is
written in french. I've provided a translation to the persons in charge
of the FTP installation at their request but i'm still waiting.

Cheers,
--
Hertzog Raphaël ¤ 0C4CABF1 ¤ http://www.mygale.org/~hra/