Re: New apache -> php3 breaks...

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Jeff Noxon wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 03:47:20PM -0700, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > Just a quick note...
> >
> > The new apache 1.3.4 makes php3 very unhappy.  since php3 wants apache <= 1.3.3
>
> This happens every time a new Apache comes out.  There must be a Better
> Way.

Thats why current php3 depends on apache 1.3.3. There is no better way
because the apache folks have broken binary compatibility again. I'm now
compiling php3 3.0.6 with apache 1.3.4, until it is available (today or
tomorrow) use apache 1.3.3 (or recompile php3 yourselves, it is not an
easy task though ;))

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/