Re: register_frame_info troubles

On Wed, Jan 13, 1999 at 09:07:59AM +0100, Michael Meskes wrote:
> I'm currently creating a new upload of gaby, but lintian keeps complaining:
> meskes@feivel:~/todo/gaby-0.2.6$ lintian ../gaby_0.2.6-1_i386.deb
> E: gaby: compiled-with-bad-libc usr/bin/gaby
>
> And indeed the symbol is there:
>
> meskes@feivel:~/todo/gaby-0.2.6$ nm src/gaby|grep frame
> 0805a250 T __deregister_frame
> 0805a1a0 T __deregister_frame_info
> 0805a280 T __frame_state_for
> 0805a0c0 T __register_frame
> 0805a040 T __register_frame_info
> 0805a0f0 T __register_frame_info_table
> 0805a170 T __register_frame_table
> 0804cab0 t frame_dummy
> 080599b0 t frame_init
>
> Since I use libc6-2.0.7v-1 I guess that won't be a problem. Could anyone
> explain to me where these symbols come from? And can I savely ignore
> lintian's complaints?

I would recompile...in fact I DID recompile (xfstt that is)

This cropped up on me when I rebuilt xfstt (after just a minor documentation
fix!)

In the end I found out that I had a new libc and libstdc++2.9 that were fine..
however somehow I had libstdc++2.8-dev installed! I dunno how it happend
(afterall...I have compiled things just fine within the past couple
of months since libstdc++2.8 was removed)....

I don't know if this would effect you or not...but it is a possibility.

-Steve
"Society prepares the crime; the criminal commits it."
                 -- Henry Thomas Buckle