Re: register_frame_info troubles

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999, Michael Meskes wrote:

> I'm currently creating a new upload of gaby, but lintian keeps complaining:
> meskes@feivel:~/todo/gaby-0.2.6$ lintian ../gaby_0.2.6-1_i386.deb
> E: gaby: compiled-with-bad-libc usr/bin/gaby
>
> And indeed the symbol is there:
>
> meskes@feivel:~/todo/gaby-0.2.6$ nm src/gaby|grep frame
> 0805a250 T __deregister_frame
> 0805a1a0 T __deregister_frame_info
> 0805a280 T __frame_state_for
> 0805a0c0 T __register_frame
> 0805a040 T __register_frame_info
> 0805a0f0 T __register_frame_info_table
> 0805a170 T __register_frame_table
> 0804cab0 t frame_dummy
> 080599b0 t frame_init
>
> Since I use libc6-2.0.7v-1 I guess that won't be a problem. Could anyone
> explain to me where these symbols come from? And can I savely ignore
> lintian's complaints?

You probably compiled with egcs, and the symbols come from its libgcc.a.
Lintian should check if there are _undefined_ symbols like this
(compilation with bad libc caused that). In this case they're defined...
you can ignore it probably.

--
Madarasz Gergely           gorgo@caesar.elte.hu         gorgo@linux.rulez.org
                    HuLUG: http://mlf.linux.rulez.org/