Re: dselect access methods

Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> writes:

>      I have been testing cd_autoup.sh and preparing its README
> for upgradng to slink.
>
>      I have noted that when the "mounted" access method is used,
> the first step under [I]nstall is to install any packages that
> are Pre-Depends for a selected package.  This is very helpful.
> Do any other access methods provide this feature?

dpkg-mountable does, using "dpkg --predep-package" (which, last time I
looked, was the way the "mounted" method also did it). Unfortunately,
when I tried testing this, I couldn't get it to reliably indicate
packages for which this is true, nor could I find any documentation on
this switch so I knew what it was meant to do!

But yes, in theory, dpkg-mountable supports this.

Andy

--
Andy Mortimer                                 andy.mortimer@zetnet.co.uk