Re: "Social Contract GR's Affect on sarge" or "Debian commits suicide"

On Thu, Apr 29, 2004 at 01:30:56PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> > If you think the RM likes this situation, you're a lunatic. You really
> > don't know what you're talking about.
> The RM was being hypocritical, using a bogus interpretation of the Social
> Contract to convince himself that he wasn't.  After the amendment passed,
> he was unable to delude himself further.  I don't think the proponents of
> the amendment could have predicted his psychology.
>
> If I were a DD (I haven't applied because I've been fixing firmware instead,
> but I think I will apply ASAP), I would fully support a GR matching option
> "D" (admit that sarge will not satisfy the DFSG, and release it); this is
> an *honest* compromise.

Dude, learn how to behave like a human being before you consider joining
this project. The fact that we might have a couple of guys who like to
argue with ad-hominem attacks does not assert that we'd like to have any
more of them. At least I wouldn't.

Michael

--
Michael Banck