Re: testing and no release schedule

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 05:48:09PM -0600, Steve Greenland wrote:
> On 26-Mar-04, 16:44 (CST), Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 11:15:30PM +0100, Andreas Metzler wrote:
> > > You are aware that we do not have any infrastructure for a delayed
> > > release of some archs or know how to do it?
> >
> > Yes, we do.  We simply say:
> > "Debian 3.1 is released on these platforms:
> > Platform 1
> > Platform 2
> > Platform 3
> > etc."
> >
> > The rest of the platforms will be there, just not officially.
>
> So all the un-released platforms with their apt.sources pointing
> at stable are now screwed? No security updates, no way to install
> additional packages that are consistent with what they already have,
> etc. etc.
>
> Better to be honest and drop them.

I don't think it's good practice to have one's sources.list pointing to
'stable'.  I always change mine to the release name I want to use.

But anyway, this is very far offtopic and is not really productive, since
nobody is seriously talking about dropping architectures (yet).  When that
time comes I will be happy to participate in a conversation involving
logistics.  For now I will just say that I don't think the logistics are
very complicated.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>