Re: Binary-only firmware covered by the GPL?

Stefan writes:
> Except the firmware itself is GPL in this case.

So the problem is not GPL compatibility: it's GPL code being distributed
without source.  Can we get written permission from the manufacturer?
Without either source or written permission to do without we cannot
redistribute.

Note that the GPL does not require that the firmware build from source on
Linux.  We are not obligated (by the GPL) to supply a compiler.
--
John Hasler               You may treat this work as if it
john@dhh.gt.org           were in the public domain.