Re: more overly-generic package names from gnustep

cjwatson@debian.org (Colin Watson) writes:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:46:33AM +0100, Paul Seelig wrote:
>
> Does that mean that only one project is allowed to be elegant and
> aesthetically pleasing? This seems unfortunate.

So the alternative so far is only to allow *no package at all* to be
named in an elegant and aesthetically pleasing way? There can only be
one for each name - be it a generic term or an invented name.  Why not
allow this opportunity to those who are first?

Strikes me as being rather silly to disallow this just only because
not everyone can have the same possibility (which BTW is also valid
for *any* other name, like the mozilla-phoenix|firebird|firefox case
has shown).