Re: Library packages depending on data files

Sebastian Ley wrote:
> I can basically think of two solutions:
> 1) Split the datafiles out and depend on them in the lib- package. This
> will work as long as the data files are backwards compatible. Might lead
> to unforseeable errors.
If you can trust you upstream (tm), you might choose this after
discussing with them.

And then there's:

3) Move the data files to soname-specific dirs.
This seems especially appropriate if the data files are only accessed
via the lib and are not configuration files. I do this for the account
verification database in libktoblzcheck1.

Just my clueless 2c.

Cheers

T.
--