Re: KDE 3.1.5 Status Update - 20040119

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 10:19:04PM -0600, Chris Cheney wrote:
> Everything is in sid now, but the buildds FUCKING SUCK! The buildd
> admins must be incompetent or on crack. They failed all the builds that
> failed due to the g++ RC enum bug instead of updating their buildd and
> setting the packages back to Needs-Build.

sbuild doesn't update packages if it's not asked to. If you know
beforehand that a package *will* fail to build with a certain compiler,
you should update your build-depends and/or build-conflicts likewise, so
that there won't be a failed build in the first place.

sbuild (the building component of buildd) isn't pbuilder; sbuild tries
to build as many packages in as little time as possible. Therefore,
installed packages aren't looked at (so that time isn't wasted on them)
except to check that they satisfy versioned build-depends and/or
build-conflicts.

> The g++ RC enum bug was already fixed before I even uploaded the
> packages which shows you how slow they are to fix problems on their
> machines... However, people like IJ are refused to help maintain
> buildds because they have too little experience, hah!

Actually, Ingo Juergensmann is just the local admin of arrakis. He
doesn't help because he's not a DD, that's all.

[...]
> kdebase
> -------
> m68k	- failed - needs retry

This is my fault; I thought it had built on quickstep, but I seem to
have messed up things. For that reason, it's not in dep-ret or
needs-build ATM (where it should've been). I sent Goswin (see below) a
mail, clearing that up.

[...]

Note that most kde packages are still in the queue for m68k; we've got
quite a backlog currently[1]. That said, Goswin von Brederlow is
building them, ignoring their position in the queue, thereby
special-casing KDE so that it gets built sooner.

[1] due to the fact that we don't have enough autobuilders ATM. There
are more being set up though, so it's being handled.

--
Wouter Verhelst
"Stop breathing down my neck." "My breathing is merely a simulation."