Re: Upcoming Debian multiarch support (amd64, sparc64, s390x, mips64) [affects sarge slightly]

Le sam 17/01/2004 à 12:39, Goswin von Brederlow a écrit :
> If not for amd64 then for mips, sparc and ppc.
>
> I don't consider "lets do something dirty and special for amd64" a
> solution to the multiarch problem so I'm pretty much ignoring all
> arguments starting with "But for amd64 ...".

Why? And why should apply the same solution to different issues?

> Finding a solution for amd64 alone means the exact same problem
> remains for the rest and then you have 3 different ways to support:
> single arch, amd64 and general multiarch.

The proposed solution for amd64 means almost no modification to our
current setup, so we can easily neglect the amount of required changes
compared to multiarch support.