Re: Sid is unusable

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 01:18:39PM +0100, Julian Mehnle wrote:
> I thought it was a myth that security updates to Sid, which have been
> uploaded with urgency=high, took more than 2 days (in the usual case) to
> migrate to Testing.  Well, maybe I'm wrong.  Am I?

No matter the priority, a package with an RC bug count higher in sid than in
testing will never migrate automatically to testing. A newer version might
fix a security problem, but might introduce other RC bugs, so the package
with seucrity problems stays in testing until the version in sid is fixed (at
least to the point where it doesn't have more RC bugs than the one in sid).

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/