Re: mass-auto-installing-testing Debian packages using pbuilder

Junichi Uekawa wrote (in http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2003/
debian-devel-200312/msg01744.html):
>Anyway, the progress so far;
>I've tried 3000 packages in 4 days.
>300 packages failed to install.

>About 20 are kernel packages, which refuse to be installed
>unless you type 'Y'
Hmm. :-/

>About 50 are emacs related packages, which fail to install
>because emacs20 doesn't install when stdin is /dev/null
Isn't emacs20 going away in favor of emacs21?

>Many packages tried to interactively configure packages with
>user input from stdin, and not using debconf.
I believe most if not of these packages should have bugs filed against them.
Correct?

>Several packages died with similar error to:
>
>Setting up bincimap (1.2.3-3) ...
>/etc/ssl/certs/imapd.pem doesn't exists.
>Creating self-signed certificate... chmod: failed to get attributes of
>`imapd.pem': No such file or directory
>dpkg: error processing bincimap (--configure):
> subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 1
Weird and mysterious to me....