Re: [debian-devel] Re: security enhanced debian branch?

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 05:39, Magosányi Árpád <mag@bunuel.tii.matav.hu> wrote:
> I think this kind of stuff could be handled in new architectures. For
> example the Adamantix project could be merged back by creating
> an architecture i386-adamantix for the stack protected stuff, and
> the other parts being a "CDD" by the terminology of the above link.

Why is a separate branch needed?  We can have a private repository of a few
critical packages compiled with Propolice etc, if that works then the option
should be put in the default gcc packages and the important packages should
be built with it.

Either it's good enough to go into main reasonably quickly, or it's not good
enough to be used at all.  I don't think there's any middle ground.