Re: gimp1.2: gimp package suggest non-free software

On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 01:28:20PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2003 at 09:25:23AM +0100, Mathieu Roy wrote:
>
> > Do you really think that I'm the only person to find UNACCEPTABLE that
> > a package in mail suggests packages in non-free, which ARE NOT PART OF
> > DEBIAN?
>
> Packages are free to suggest whatever the maintainer wishes; I wouldn't even
> consider it a particularly serious bug if the suggested package did not
> exist at all.

Anyone else up for putting a Suggests: on 'mathieu-roy-is-a-nitwit' in their
packages?  Variations in package name will, of course, be acceptable also. <g>

I've alternated between bemusement and incredulity at Mathieu's frothings
(past and present), but this one is probably one of the more... frothy?  for
want of a better word.

It doesn't really show you at your best, mate.  Consider a less stressful
job or something.

- Matt