Re: Closing bugs such as 210560

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Ben Burton wrote:

> In all fairness, I don't believe calc closed a bug he thought was still
> open - the bug log shows that he believed it was closed with the 3.1.4
> upload.

The buglog says it "might" be closed in 3.1.4.  To me, that's not the same
as "believe"ing its closed.  The developers reference says:

 "Debian users will sometimes report bugs that are not specific to Debian
 to our bug tracking system. You have to forward these bug reports to the
 upstream developers so that they can be fixed in a future upstream
 release."

And also:

 "you should not close the bug until the package which fixes the bug has
 been accepted into the Debian archive"

KDE is a large and complex set of packages, but that doesn't change the
rules of the BTS, IMO.

 Paul.

--
Paul Telford | 1024D/431B38BA | pxt@debian.org | paul@droflet.net
       C903 0E85 9AF5 1B80 6A5F  F169 D7E9 4363 431B 38BA