Re: language-chooser: Language order shouldn't be alphabetical

Hello,

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 02:13:33PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> One posts suggested that fr_FR would be on the lists for both America
> and Asia.  Portuguese is spoken on four continents, and I think the
> Brazilian Portuguese translations are sufficiently complete that many
> other Portuguese speakers would prefer them over English.  Continents
> don't really seem to map very well to the language preferences of the
> people who live there. :)
Huh?  fr_FR is frensh as spoken in France, so Europe.
And pt_BR (or whatever it is called) is Portuguese as spoken
in Brazil and would be in the South America category, while
pt_PT (or whatever the real name is) would be in the Europe
category (for Portuguese as spoken in Portugal).

So if you are living in Brazil you will select "South America"
and only see pt_BR but not pt_PT.

I still think that this could be useful.

Jochen
--
http://seehuhn.de/