Re: Annoyances of aptitude (Was: Where are we now?) (Was: Bits from the RM)

On Thu, Oct 02, 2003 at 10:59:15PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:

>   (e) I've heard about a "debtags" database system that's trying to
>       find a general solution to the problem of categorizing packages.
>       I took a look at their library at one point and wasn't able to
>       figure out how to use it, but if this project is still going
>       somewhere, supporting it in aptitude would be nice.

Still going somewhere, I hope :)

It's been paused for a while because I've been away for quite some time,
but I'm still committed to work on it (although, unfortunately, I can
only do it in the free time).

I know there is no documentation on the library API, and this is
documented ( :-) ) in /usr/share/doc/libtagcoll-dev/README:

"There's a reason: before producing documentation, I'd like to discuss
with other potential users about what could be the shape of a stable API
for this library." and "Please get in touch with me also if you start
using libtagcoll in some projects: since the API is going to change, at
least I'd have a chance to take you into account".

So, if you start using libtagcoll in some projects, please get in touch
with me and I'll be more than happy to help you :-)

Ciao,

Enrico