Re: CUPS should be the default print service in Debian/Sarge

Keegan Quinn wrote:
> FWIW, I've had very good experiences with the CUPS in unstable, so
> I'd not object to this.  OTOH, installing it without it being 'default'
> is already quite trivial.  What would this change entail, exactly?

Probably making the print server task install it instead of lpr, which
would have a side effect of making sure it's on CD#1 if it's not
already. Probably also demoting the lpr package to optional and moving
cups from there to standard. Possibly making lsb depend on part of cups
instead of lpr.

--
see shy jo, following this discussion with interest and his tasksel hat on