Re: proposal: per-user temporary directories on by default?

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 17:14:09 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:

> Martin Pool wrote:
>> At the least I would like to see Debian prompt for this at installation
>> much as it does for shadow passwords.  Ideally it would be on by
>> default.
>
> I'm all for this idea.

Thanks.  What needs to be done to have it adopted?

> Since I use static per-user in home tmp directories
> I have not looked at libpam-tmpdir though. I suppose that enabling it
> currently requires making some modifications to many of the pam.d files?

Yes, it does.  This is a slight problem: it would be nice if there were a
way to say "this session module should apply to all services", but I don't
think there's any way to do that in PAM.  It could be done in either
libpam or a Debian script that generates the files, but it's not strictly
needed.

For the time being I suppose it could just be applied to the services for
which it is most relevant: login, ssh, gdm, kdm, xdm, etc.

--
Martin