Re: default MTA for sarge

>> I had great trouble setting up exim3 correctly.
>
>Why? eximconfig offers a smarthost option. Should be trivial.
>
>Hamish

Yep, but it wasn't.  I send mail out from this machine and don't get
*any* incoming mail, including for the address I want to send mail out
under.  (Which I admit is slightly odd).  The 'eximconfig'
configuration wasn't quite right, and I ended up editing exim.conf,
which was easier (!).  In addition, some of eximconfig's questions were
quite confusing, as I remember, and it took me several tries to figure
out what I was supposed to put in for my system, before I got it
half-working.

I don't care whether it 'should' be trivial; the fact is that it wasn't.
The postfix configuration, despite a couple of slightly confusing
questions, was trivial.

I don't know about exim4 configuration, which may be wonderful, because
it isn't in 'testing' yet.  Postfix is.

--
Nathanael Nerode  <neroden at gcc.gnu.org>
http://home.twcny.rr.com/nerode/neroden/fdl.html