Re: default MTA for sarge

On Jul 15, Andreas Metzler <ametzler@downhill.at.eu.org> wrote:

 >it's very easy to configure:
 >Exim is, too.
No, it's not. This is a working default postfix configuration which
allows local and remote delivery. Three statements.

# your hostname. I'm not actually sure that this is needed
myhostname = host.example.com
# required by debian policy
myorigin = /etc/mailname
# want relaying?
# mynetworks = 10.0.0.0/8
# want procmail by default?
# mailbox_command = procmail -a "$EXTENSION"
# want a smarthost?
# relayhost = [smtp.example.net]

# I consider this to be a bug of the debian postfix package,
# $program_directory should be correct by default.
program_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix

Now please try to express the same configuration in exim.conf format.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [845 rihp18jfozI7A]