Re: default MTA for sarge

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:45:26PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 13, 2003 at 10:31:51AM +0200, Joey Hess wrote:
> > For sarge we have two options for the default MTA in base:
> >
> > a. replace exim with exim4
> > b. no MTA installed by default, add a MTA task
>
> There's still Exim 3. I agree that having to switch to a text-only program
> rather than another instance of debconf is visually unappealing and likely
> hindering for automated installations, and that it is software that's dead

Would a debconf script for exim3 appeal to anyone?  I wrote one a while
back and gave it to the exim maintainer but it got lost in the noise (it was
pre v4, but I can't remember why it got rejected).  At any rate, it works
well for me.  If people think that exim3 is a good fit for default installs,
I can dust off the config and give to anyone interested.

- Matt