Re: Work-needing packages report for Jul 11, 2003

"Marcelo E. Magallon" <mmagallo@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
>  >    junit-freenet (#165504), orphaned 264 days ago
>  >      framework
>
>  Aaaaah... Java...

>From the author:

This is  a basic reimplementation  of the JUnit unit  testing framework,
licensed under  the GNU GPL (JUnit  is, for some  reason, released under
the IBM Public  License). This was just an afternoons  hack, so for real
testing you  may still  wish to use  JUnit, but developing  against this
should avoid any questions regarding  licensing (since you are using the
GPL, right?).

This  code is  written without  the  authorization or  knowledge of  the
original JUnit  authors, and  bears no relation  to their code  short of
containing the same class, method, and field names.

&& oskar sandberg (oskar@freenetproject.org)

When I look at the cvs, two  classes have been commited 8 month ago, the
other 23 month ago!..

I  do not  know if  the upstream  is  very active  on this  part of  the
project...

-- Arnaud Vandyck
   http://alioth.debian.org/users/arnaud-guest/