Re: Proposal: removing libc5, altgcc and all their old-days dependencies

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 10:44:11PM +0200, Mathieu Roy wrote:
> Wouter Verhelst <wouter@grep.be> a tapoté :

> > > Tried mozilla recently? It's a thousand times better than Netscape 4.7x
> > > was... Although I've still had it vanish a couple of times recently. It
> > > doesn't hang like NS though.
> >
> > There are some sites that still require Netscape 4.77. A good example is
> > an online banking site here in Belgium, which 'supports' Linux, but you
> > need to use Netscape to be able to use that site.
>

> With the current mozilla version, everything that works with a
> netscape 4.x works with mozilla.
>
> If not, write them to work on w3c standards compliances.

And they will respond, but nobody uses mozilla anyway, see <server
access stats> only 0.67 % of the accesses are with mozilla, so we are
going to support what people use.

They don't even mention that if the web site doesn't work with mozilla,
nobody is going to access it with it, and thus the statistic are
meaningless.

Friendly,

Sven Luther