Re: fcntl(HANDLE, F_GETLK,&fl) with perl

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 03:19:50PM -0700, Philippe Troin wrote:
> Bill Allombert <allomber@math.u-bordeaux.fr> writes:

> > but it does not seems to work. In fact the documentation
> > is unclear whether a struct flock can be passed at all
> > (some form of fcntl use a long arg instead).
>
> You have to pack the structure by hand. This works for me:
>
>   use Config;
>   my $packspec = $Config{uselargefiles} ? "ssqql" : "sslll";

If you're worried about portability, it's a bitch. I got so pissed off
with it a while ago that I wrote a module to do it at least vaguely
portably. However, once I got to the stage where it did what I needed,
I didn't have time to get it into shape to release anywhere (like CPAN).

If this sounds like what you might want, let me know & I'll dig it out
again.

Cheers,

Nick
--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
Never commit yourself!  Let someone else have you committed.