Re: texmf.cnf again

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 11:25:36PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:

 > I keep on thinking that the easiest thing would be to work with
 > upstream to get texmf.d supported directly there so there's no need
 > to manually update a central configuration file.  This would not only
 > be policy conforming but also allow users of other systems (which
 > presumably run into similar problems) to benefit.

 Agreed.

 It should be reasonably easy to do this in kpathsea (which already does
 this kind of magic for VFs).

 If the program is looking for texmf.cnf, kpathsea could look for a
 directory texmf.d and read all the files contained therein which match
 /\.cnf$/

 Since kpathsea has routines to read values from the configuration file,
 too, the change should propagate to client programs nicely and
 transparently.

 Now I wonder if Manoj is going to complain because this would leave
 people using older kpathsea libraries in the ghetto.

--
Marcelo