Re: ftp.au.debian.org

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Andrew Pollock wrote:

> If it encourages the problem to be fixed, I consider it helpful, IMHO.

ok, consider myself encouraged.

> Because my question was who determined where ftp.au.debian.org pointed to.
> There's no unwillingness to contact PlanetMirror, I didn't see it relevant
> to my initial question/proposal.

it is relevant.  we're the current people this is pointed at and that arrangement
was not an arbitary one.  the question of who determines this includes the site
admins as well as the debian people.

> Umm that's pretty much what I said at the start of this thread. I've got
> no beef with PlanetMirror, I'd just like to see a more reliable
> ftp.au.debian.org.

i concur with the latter sentiments but in future i'd appreciate being approached
directly first, or being cc'ed.

regards,

-jason