Re: texmf.cnf again

On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 17:18:03 +0200, Marcelo E Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org> said:

>  So the gist of that text is: "debian packages can manage the
>  configuration file by themselves, it's a good idea if they do and
>  there's a chance something will break unless you really really know
>  what you are doing".  Then why does it default to "no"?  Along the
>  same line: why is this high priority question if, by the look of
>  it, only a handful of people would care?  This is release-note
>  worthy or handbook worthy, but it's not really the kind of thing
>  Average Joe wants to see when installing Debian afresh[0], is it?

>  Small request: please run that text thru our English l10n team
>  (debian-l10n-english@l.d.o)

	The gist of this question is that if, like every other
 installation of TeTeX in the world, you have modified the
 configuration files, we are going to overright them if you say yes.

	Of course, if you say no, all the debian configuration stuff
 shall be lost to you.

	It is an either or situation -- give us your configuration
 files, or forever lose out on any configuration change the
 maintainers do, even though that shall break your packages.

	manoj
--
... ich bin in einem dusenjet ins jahr 53 vor chr ... ich lande im
antiken Rom ...  einige gladiatoren spielen scrabble ... ich rieche