Re: appropriate use of /etc/alternatives

On Sat, May 31, 2003 at 02:00:41PM +0100, Mark Brown wrote:
> The binary is going to have to be renamed - even if you use an
> alternative there'll still be a renamed binary there.

yes, but the user would only need to know in the even that they had both
alternatives installed, which I don't see happening very often.

> Would it be possible to massage the data format for one xplot into the
> other or modify one to accept the input of the other in a compatibility
> mode?

Possibly, but why create more work for the user?

I guess xplot-xplotorg will just end up conflicting with xplot.  It
sucks, since that means the new package winds up in the ghetto (priority
extra) but it's preferable to the options available.

noah