Re: [OT?] Re: Managing package sources with subversion?

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, May 29, 2003 at 10:12:28AM -0700, Brian Nelson wrote:
>> I use subversion for some things, but I haven't moved my Debian
>> package repositories over yet because I've just had too many problems
>> with subversion.  It's just not stable enough yet, IMO.
>
> Maybe it's a bit OT here ... I hope not too much.
>
> I've just starting looking at SVN documentation and it seems to be
> really great, but I haven't yet used it in practice.
>
> Could you please describe wich kind of problems you had with SVN?

http://bugs.debian.org/165978 (getting locked out of repository)
http://bugs.debian.org/188369 (breakage with an unhelpful error message)
http://bugs.debian.org/192339 (checksum mismatch problems)

I've run into most of problems with large-ish repositories with a mix
of text and binary files.  The last one is the real showstopper for
me.

--
Poems... always a sign of pretentious inner turmoil.