Re: security in testing

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:16:39PM +0200, Matthias Urlichs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sven Luther wrote:
> > You again forget that debian is not x86 only, or do you expect Matthias
> > to have access to machines of all the supported arches ?
> >
> Right.
>
> Besides, I don't want to do this on my own, I want to do this as part of
> Debian. I don't yet know enough about the setup of testing-proposed-updates
> and the whole build structure in general to see clearly what needs to be done
> to automate the process, or indeed whether the people responsible for it
> would be OK with enhancing that along the lines of my proposal; my impression
> is that t-p-o is mostly processed manually at the moment, like
> stable-proposed-updates is, and it's under-used (t-p-o/main has a whopping
> TWO source packages). That may be a chicken-and-egg problem.

If testing-proposed-updates is really functional as Anthony claims, then
it is just a question of uploading to testing-proposed-updates instead
of unstable, which is a simple change in the changelog file. The rest
should happen automatically.

There are still some issues that need discussed, but i spoke about them
in a separate mail, and will not repeat them here.

Friendly,

Sven Luther