Re: mailcap next step

On Thu, May 15, 2003 at 04:05:28PM +0200, mcINEK wrote:
> > Please point me to where I said we should leave things as they are.
> You didn't say that, but you want use *minimal* solution, which aren't
> always good.
>
> PS1. Windows are done this way. MS created took w2k and sticked
> more,more and more programmic 'bubbles' and created one big shit :)

What's that supposed to mean? Doing that does have its advantages, too
(such as "you don't have to re-integrate everything with the new
system").

Granted, pushing that to extremes will end you up with an unworkable
system with hundreds of incompatible API's. That's not what this does.

"An expert can usually spot the difference between a fake charge and a
full one, but there are plenty of dead experts."
  -- National Geographic Channel, in a documentary about large African beasts.