Re: security in testing

Hi, Chris Leishman wrote:

>> - If the build is successful, it's available for apt-getting from
>> testing-updates; otherwise the maintainer gets a helpful ;-) email.
>
> I'm just curious why the updates couldn't just go straight into testing
> itself.  It's not as if the testing distribution is frozen in any way -
> and that would deal with the problem of people not getting updates for
> s.d.o.

The current unstable->testing process might work for testing-updates too --
I haven't thought that far. The main problem I see with this approach is
that testing might get out-of-sync with unstable.

Something to think about for the next step, anyway.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
I'm CONTROLLED by the CIA!!  EVERYONE is controlled by the CIA!!