Re: Returning from "vacation". (MIA?)

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 12:10:08PM -0500, Clay Crouch wrote:
> I truly didn't expect to be attacked on my first post. I also truly
> didn't expect to be further lambasted from all quarters for responding
> to them.

IIRC, the debian-devel mailing list has always been a no-nonsense forum.
Honestly, the anti-spam technique you employ is very simple, but also
very draconic, in-flexible, and rude.  It is far better to set up some
sort of cookie handshake autoresponder than to /dev/null everything.
There are procmail recipies for this, and if you're slightly resourceful
with google, I'm sure you'll find them.  If you want a polished system,
use TMDA.

> I know now that I have no place in your current culture. Debian has
> moved on, and so have I. The old saw about never being able to go
> "back" has just been reinforced in my mind.

I would urge you to seriously reconsider the scope of the "problem"
here.  It's not simply an incompatibility amongst the Debian developer
crowd, but an incompatibility amongst most of the Internet population in
general.  Reconsider your anti-spam policies.

> Please consider me permanently retired, and configure my LDAP entry
> accordingly.

It is a shame that such a simple scuffle on-list has sent you packing.

--
Chad Walstrom <chewie@wookimus.net>           http://www.wookimus.net/