Re: Do not touch l10n files

On Wed, 14 May 2003 19:17:50 +0200, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña <jfs@computer.org> said:

> On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 02:18:04AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> As a package developer I hold veto powers over anything shipped in
>> my package, since it is my signature that goes with it, and I am
>> responsible for all bugs.

> You do hold upstream responsible for the bugs in their software
> right?

	I don't shrug off my responsibilities so lightly. I am
 responsible for all my packages. I may need help to solve or diagnose
 some bugs, but every single bug on my packages receives my attention,
 and I work on trying to gather enough information to help upstream
 debug those issues.

	In case the upstream does not respond, or does not think it is
 a bug, I create local patches.

> From my point of view, same should go for translators.

	Sure. When (if?) translated descriptions are included in
 packages, I'll contact the translators fiirst, perhaps including
 local changes until the matter is resolved.  Just like I do with
 upstream code.

> Translation-related bugs should be the responsibility of the
> translation teams (and should be forwarded to them).

	While translations reside outside my package, the bugs shall
 be reassigned (or closed), not forwarded. When the translation is in
 my package, the bug shall be forwarded, and perhaps I'll use local
 patches to correct the issue.

	manoj

--
Infancy, n.: The period of our lives when, according to Wordsworth,
"Heaven lies about us."  The world begins lying about us pretty soon