Re: A strawman proposal: "testing-x86"

On Wed, 14 May 2003 09:14:20 -0400, Theodore Ts'o <tytso@mit.edu> said:

> If that's the case, then maybe the testing distribution has outlived
> its usefulness.  But if people feel otherwise, then it would make
> sense to think of ways in which testing might be able to be more
> true to its original goals --- which is to expand the number of
> people who can test out packages before a stable release.  If that's
> the case, then for a giving platform:

  	Hmm. I always thought that testing was a tool for release
 management, and a replacement of the freeze mechanism. If so, it is
 really only ready for extensive use and testing close to a stable
 release -- when the RM calls uponm and lets lose the hrdes on testing
 to sniff out undiscovered bugs. Untl then, it is a no mans land where
 the ravening winds howl and moan.

	manoj
--
"The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are
composed entirely of lost airline luggage." Mark Russell