Re: can touch(1) readonly files

On Tue, May 13, 2003 at 12:05:07PM -0400, Mike Dresser wrote:
> Reminds me of a "bug" in the old Icon systems that the schools used
> in the early 80's or so.  The immutable(+i) flag couldn't be removed,
> even by the superuser because then you'd be modifying the file, which
> wasn't allowed cause of the +i.

well, on linux, you can of course also stop root from removing the immutable
flag, after all that is what the flag is all about. it used to be linked to
the security level, nowadays one controls it via capabilities.

Greetings
Bernd
--
  (OO)      -- Bernd_Eckenfels@Wendelinusstrasse39.76646Bruchsal.de --