Re: show all Suggests packages not installed

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 04:04:29AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> > Yes, gibraltar-bootsupport does look interesting (and its corresponding
> > mkinitrd-cd package), but the fact remains I don't have it installed.
> ...but you still happen to have all their config and control files,
> all the package.{list,shlibs,md5sums,{pre,post}{inst,rm}} and so on
> installed.  Removing a package instead of purging it assumes you are
> likely to reinstall it soon, it might be a good idea to purge all the
> cruft.

Except for apt-move, doesn't look like it to me:

[507] [snoopy:unstable:bam] ~ >dpkg -l apt-move apt-move hitop kde-extras freefem gibraltar-bootsupport
rc  apt-move       4.1.14         Move cache of Debian packages into a mirror
rc  apt-move       4.1.14         Move cache of Debian packages into a mirror
pn  hitop          <none>         (no description available)
un  kde-extras     <none>         (no description available)
un  freefem        <none>         (no description available)
un  gibraltar-boot <none>         (no description available)

Also, just blindly purging packages can be dangerous, in some cases old
packages will purge files used by newer packages that are still used by
the system.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>