Re: Some important orphaned packages

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 02:39:13PM +0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:

> Package: makepasswd
>  Generates true random passwords by using the /dev/random feature of
>  Linux, with the emphasis on security over pronounceability.

% man pwgen

       -s, --secure
              Generate  completely  random,  hard-to-memorize paswords.  These
              should only be used for machine passwords, since otherwise  it's
              almost guaranteed that users will simply write the password on a
              piece of paper taped to the monitor...

Required disclosure: I'm the upstream author/maintainer of pwgen v2
(which I rewrote just before woody shipped because of the uncertain
liscening issues surrounding the original version of pwgen).

					- Ted