apcupsd orphaned (#192672)

after some talks with Jose Sogo and the announcement
from Martin Michlmayr, i would like to put the attention
on the orphaning of apcupsd package due to MIA of the
D. mantainer.

i'm the maintainer of apcupsd-devel package, because i have
an APC with USB cable.

I think apcupsd should be adopted because it's one of the main
package that HAS to be on a distro, just think of all the
debian server out of here with an UPS .. do we really want
them switched to R.H. or other because we no more support apcupsd ?

However i'd like not to mantain it, 'cause it needs a lot of testing,
i haven't a serial APC cable, and also i don't have the free time
needed to make it function properly.

Jose proposed to "merge" the -devel and the "stable" deb pkg in one,
IMHO if the upstream author has decided to make them different
it means they can't be "merged" and they have to be distinct.

If someone wants to adopt it but wants some help to fix it, i could
help or collaborate with him telling him the "tips" i used to make
the devel branch.

Regards
Samuele
--
When all the network has eyes, even if we were to send out minds turned into
light or electrons...