Re: Kaffe marked remove (was Release-critical Bugreport for May 9, 2003)

On Sat, 10 May 2003, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 11:30:04AM -0500, Drew Scott Daniels wrote:
> > Why is this package marked remove?
>
> Because it's been continually unreleasable.
>
> > Note bug 191866 was reported May 4th and according to
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=kaffe there *was* one
> > other RC bug that was opened Feb 24 and closed about a month later...
>
> Well, no. That bug had a trivial one line patch filed a month later (Mar 30),
> it was closed another month later (May 01), aka a few days ago.
>
> > I also wonder if there is a more appropriate place/person to ask why
> > something is marked remove.
>
> Fix the RC bugs first, then ask.

This is a bug that exists in *stable*, and does *not* exist in
unstable(upstream requires the user to explicitly set a file to use, and
doesn't pick one itself).  It was only filed this week.  The other RC bug has
been fixed.  Please mark kaffe as not being removed.  It's stupid to remove it
because of one bug that's less than a week old.