Re: If Debian decides that the Gnu Free Doc License is not free then I will be honored to join Stallman and the FSF in the not free section of your distro

Hans Reiser <reiser@namesys.com> writes:

> I find it unspeakably ingrateful to Stallman that some of you begrudge
> him his right to express his (discomforting to some) views to all who
> use his software, and to ensure that they are not removed by those
> suits who are discomforted.

I do not begrudge him this right.  I do, however, insist that some
ways of exercising it are harmful, and also that some of them involve
making documents non-free.

> ReiserFS will be converting to the Gnu Free Doc License for its
> documentation. I look forward to the release of GPL V3 which will
> hopefully cover fair crediting of code as well as documentation, and
> stem this rising tide of plagiarism and political bowlderization by
> distros.

Fair crediting is a good thing, and nobody here objects to it.  The
problem is really not with the *intention* behind the noxious elements
of the GFDL, but with the manner in which they are pursued.