Re: >2000 packages still waiting to enter testing, > 1500 over age

On Wed, Apr 09, 2003 at 12:54:34PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> I suggest we remove packages which haven't entered testing after more
> more then 300 days.

I object. Not entering testing could very well happen if the package's
dependencies are broken/buggy/uninstallable. In that case, it would make
zero sense to remove the package. Sure, packages having RC-bugs for
*long* times are another story, but depending on the package I propose
we fix[1] those.

Anyway, common sense should be (and is, by the RM,) applied.

Michael

--
[1] where fixing means: take a look at the package and its bugs. If they
are worth fixing, do it. If not, schedule the package for removal.