Re: Announcing a Debian wallpaper package.

On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 05:01:56PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:

> Surely a good idea.  This might make it even possible to build an official
> Debian package because its size will be reduced this way and nobody will complain.

  The -common package now has no images, and I've uploaded the tiled
  images from the propoganda-debian picture in a new package.

> I'd do this once the data section is created.  Did you noticed that
> I repeated this data section over and over.  Perhaps somebody will
> take the ball and realize this thing. ;-)

  I'm unclear exactly what you mean by a data section, an
  arch-independant section within the Debian repository for data-only
  packages?

> PS: I just added a short README to the package without increasing
>     the version number - just for the record and to prevent you
>     wonder about different size / checksum.  It's normally not my
>     style to change a package without increasing the version number
>     but in this case it seemed possible. :)

  Seems fine to me :)

  Mail me offlist if you'd like me to start hosting this package, etc.

Steve
---