Re: May I temporarily move away a conffile of a conflicting package? [Repost]

On 04/05/03 04:22, Andreas Metzler wrote:

> For a complete discusssion see http://bugs.debian.org/183357
>
> The exim3 init script in sid has already been changed to use another
> test that recognizes exim v3 properly but this doesn't help the users
> who will upgrade from woody to sarge (when it is stable), switching
> directly to exim v4 without installing eximv3 from sarge first. This
> leaves me with these possibilties:
> * don't ship /usr/sbin/exim in sarge, wait for sarge+1 and then break
>   anyone's system who has not installed the new init-skript and is
>   cross upgrading without purge from exim3.
> * do something unclean. See below.

Can you just create a eximtrans3-4 package that fixes the problem with
the current (stable) exim package and make exim4 Pre-Depend: on it?

--
He who despairs over an event is a coward,
but he who holds hopes for the human condition is a fool.